We are going to be asking you often to complete a Witness Slip to support or oppose bills in Springfield.
Trust us... this is a super easy action!
Basically, we are looking at two school voucher bills in the IL House of Representatives.
Here's what you need to do to fill out a Witness Slip to OPPOSE this bill. Again, this is quick. Please fill out & share this post!
Go to this page and follow the below instructions:
1) Click on the notepad icon to the right of the bill name (in column "Witness Slips")
2) Fill out: name, address, city, state, zip.
3) For Firm/Business, you can put "none" or "self."
4) For Title, you can put "self."
5) Fill out email and phone.
6) For Representation, you can put "self."
7) Under Position select "OPPONENT".
8) Under Testimony check "Record of Appearance."
9) Fill out the CAPTCHA.
10) Check to agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement.
Do this for both bills HB213 and HB443.
The volume of witness slips signifies the level of public support or opposition to bills to committee members. Once you get the hang out of it this is a quick way to indicate your position.
Thank you for your advocacy!