Raise Your Hand Action advocates for education policies that protect and support high-quality, well-resourced public education for all kids in Chicago and throughout the state.
We work on issues at both the city and state level including:
- adequate and equitable school funding,
- public school privatization, including the expansion of privately-run charter schools
- misuse and overuse of standardized testing
- protecting the privacy and security of student's personal data
- democratic and transparent public school governance, in particular the need for an elected school board for Chicago Public Schools.
Because collective action is key to effecting change, we help parents to connect in active networks covering legislative districts across Chicago and beyond. Connecting with other constituents and acting together is the best way to build power to advocate for better schools for all kids.
Raise Your Hand Action is a 501(c)(4) sister organization to the 501(c)(3) Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Education. As a 501(c)(4), donations to Raise Your Hand Action, are not tax deductible.